Volcano protection: No, we’re not talking about any eruptions from IAM 751. Instead, Airbus and Europe’s easyJet created some man-made volcano ash to conduct tests for detecting the real thing.
Airbus trims guidance: EADS/Airbus trimmed its financial guidance on A350 development costs, according to The Financial Times (free registration required). According to The Times, the entry-into-service of the A350–slated for 3Q2014–”is at risk.” We have EIS in 1Q2015. EADS for now is sticking with the 2014 EIS.
Boeing 777X: As might be expected, there continues to be a lot of news on the 777X.
- Reuters: Boeing vote brings out rivals
- Los Angeles Times: Long Beach seeks 777X
- Wall Street Journal: Boeing moves to evaluation sites
- KING5 (NBC-Seattle): Has a number of stories at this link.
- Seattle Times: The morning after
- Fox Q13 (Seattle): Can Washington lawmakers save the day?
- Puget Sound Business Journal: 777X alternatives hotter climate but cheaper housing
- KUOW (NPR Seattle): What rejection means for unions